All Things Beauty

All Things Beauty
Watch Me Create DIY Decor for any Event

Dezi

Before I Shop, I Use My EBATES To Get Cash$ Back When I Shop. Check It Out, Because You Can Too.

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Kelly Rowland Is Launching a Makeup Line for Women of Color By BREN GOMEZ Article from Beautycon.com

There’s no denying that there’s a pressing need for more diversity in the beauty industry, not only when it comes to models but when it comes to product shades. Several big-name brands still don’t carry complexion colors that work for darker skin tones, and that’s a major problem. Apparently, Kelly Rowland feels the same way. The Grammy-award winning singer recently announced that she’s working on an all-inclusive line of makeup with her makeup artist, Sheika Daley, to be launched at a later date. Sheika Daley also works with Nicki Minaj, Serena Williams, Iman, Kanye West, and a slew of other celebrities.





“We’re starting off with lashes and then we’re going to have it grow for all women,” Rowland told Essence in an exclusive interview earlier this week. “But definitely making sure we have our chocolate girls covered. Gotta get the chocolate girls in there! We have to have that, you know. I think Iman has done a beautiful makeup line and I want to do it too!
In an interview with USA Today, Rowland said she felt that there was definitely more room in the industry for a line to get it right for women of color. “I’m so happy that Iman’s line is still as powerful as it is. That line is so amazing to me. Bobbi Brown also has a really good line. You know, she’s not a woman of color but she’s really mastered it in my opinion. And there are other smaller lines, but there’s so much room in the marketplace for another line that caters to women of color. My partner, Sheika, and I — our makeup line is going to be for every woman, but we want to make sure that we get the women of color right.”

She also told USA Today that part of her inspiration for starting the line came from working with makeup artists during her Destiny’s Child days, watching as artist after artist struggled to match her skin tone. “I remember just being pink, a little on the olive side, maybe a little too fair, you know what I mean? So, I just want to get it right. I’d just like to keep it authentic and keep it real and keep it beautiful.”

While her line will start with makeup, Rowland said she’s toying with the idea of a full-bodied beauty line, expanding into skincare as well. “We don’t need to be covered up all the time, so I want to eventually get into skin care as well, but I got to pace myself,” she said. “I keep having all these great ideas. Like, they’re all on my vision board.”
Rowland and Daley have yet to reveal a name for their collection.
This article is by BREN GOMEZ  MARCH 25, 2016  from beautycon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment