All Things Beauty

All Things Beauty
Watch Me Create DIY Decor for any Event

Dezi

Before I Shop, I Use My EBATES To Get Cash$ Back When I Shop. Check It Out, Because You Can Too.

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Black Black Barbie And Friends UPDATED

I think most little girls love to play with Barbie Dolls.  I remember my first Black Barbie Doll type was the Diahann Carroll Julia Doll, I was a little girl back then. 

I love this doll because I thought she was so BEAUTIFUL... and she talked too... "Thanks Mommy xoxo"   This is were my appreciation began for Black Dolls.

Julia is an American Sitcom notable for being one of the first weekly series to depict an African American woman in a non-stereotypical role. 


Previous television series featured African American lead characters, but the characters were usually servants. The show stars actress and singer Diahann Carroll, 
and ran for 86 episodes on NBC from Sept. 17, 1968 to Mar. 23, 1971.  


I'm so happy that Barbie is moving forward to show the diversity of Women of Color.  
I know that some of the pictures are not the (REAL) Barbie, that Mattel makes, but I love the diversity just the same.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment